Paul Drake and Dale Van Wyk founded MechSigma Consulting with a mission of designing mechanical products that meet quality goals without compromising manufacturability or performance.
Our expertise includes 35 combined years of experience as mechanical design engineers and 20 combined years of experience in mechanical design for Six Sigma. We have successfully deployed Six Sigma mechanical processes at Raytheon Systems Company (formerly Texas Instruments Defense Systems and Hughes Missile Systems) where we co-managed the Mechanical Tolerancing and Performance Sigma Center for Excellence.
Our qualifications include:
Degrees / Certifications
Dale Van Wyk
- Membership on ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing subcommittee
- Membership on ASME Y14.5.2 Certification of GD&T Professionals subcommittee
- Edited "Dimensioning and Tolerancing Handbook" (McGraw-Hill, 1999) and authored/co-authored chapters 5, 9, 11,12, and 26
- Six Sigma Optical Tolerancing, Six Sigma Blackbelt Symposium, Rochester, New York, 1998
- Auto-tolerancing on Optical Systems, International Symposium on Optical Science, Engineering, and Instrumentation, International Society for Optical Engineering, SPIE’s 42nd Annual Meeting, July/Aug. 1997
- Statistical Analysis of a Four-Bar Linkage: Producing a Six Sigma Design, TI Six Sigma – Reaching Our Goal publication, Sept. 1995
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, International Satellite Seminar, National Technological University, June 1995
- "Six Sigma Mechanical Tolerancing," TI Technical Journal, Jan/Feb. 1995
- "Classical Mechanical Tolerancing," TI Technical Journal, Jan/Feb. 1995
- "Modeling Manufacturing Process Output as a Function of Design Features,“ First Annual TI Process Capability Conference, Oct. 1994
- Using Tolerance Analysis to Predict Defects, TI Six Sigma – Reaching Our Goal publication, Oct. 1993
- “Mechanical Tolerance Analysis of Fixed and Floating Fasteners," TI Technical Journal, Nov./Dec. 1992
- "Tolerancing and the Manufacturing Engineer," Manufacturing Engineering, April 2002
- "Deploying Six Sigma in Manufacturing", 6 Sigma Quality in Manufacturing, May 23,2002
- Trained more than 2,500 people in Mechanical Tolerancing for Six Sigma
- Trained more than 11,000 people in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
A list of clients is available upon request.